Bio Oil Ingredients - What Do They Mean?
I have had several emails and requests from potential users of bio oil to get a list of bio oil ingredients so I have put together this article to inform those users exactly what bio oil contains.
|Bio Oil Ingredients|
Bio Oil Contains Specific OIL Ingredients
- Calendula Oil - this is a Flower Extract
- Lavender Oil - another flower extract that comes from certain species of the lavender flower. This oil is actually used a lot in a great many perfumes.
- Rosemary Oil - Again used in perfumes and shampoo and frequently as an incense
- Chamomile Oil - Its purpose to induce a calming odour that is pleasant
It would seem that the majority of these oils are used for both perfume purposes and also for a calming and soothing qualities that each individual oil actually has. Each of them are known to have their own natural properties and are and have been used in various aromatherapy oils and medicines.
Vitamins Ingredients Found In Bio Oil
- Vitamin A - A multi-purpose vitamin used for help with growth, the immune system and good vision
- Vitamin E - Used mainly for what is called cell signalling and prevents what are called free radicals in tissues from forming. That is the medical terms used but it helps with skin healing and stopping germs from creating which make more sense to me.
- Mineral Oil - this generally means a colourless and odourless oil
- Triisononanoin - used in cosmetics and simply used for blending purposes
- Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate- Similar in nature to coconut oil and helps hydrate skin to stop it from drying out
- Isopropyl Myristate - used as a solvent for good absorption
- Glycine Soja Oil - a soya based oil
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
- PurCellin *
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
- Amyl Cinnamal
- Benzyl Salicylate
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
- Orange: Red 17 (CI 26100)
- Pink: Red 17 (CI 26100) and Violet No.2 (CI 60725)
Bio Oil Ingredients ExplainedThis is the full list of ingredients in bio oil and you can read more in detail about these at the Bio Oil company website. The ingredients of bio oil are in essence a combination of plant extracts, combined with vitamins and then suspended in an oil base.
*Purcellin is the breakthrough ingredient which has the most impact on the consistency of the oil base as it makes the oil both light and non-greasy.
The Bio Oil company is also a member of "Beauty Without Cruelty International."
I trust you have found this post on Bio Oil Ingredients informative and helpful.